Wednesday, October 3, 2007

September 29th: Beth & Tory








Beth has been a friend of mine for years! We originally met working at the flower shop together & now work together again! The wedding flower business is somewhat seasonal in Kansas, I don't have many weddings in the winter months. Beth now works for a snow removal company & helped me get a position there last winter in the Accounting department. I have stayed on part-time during the summer & fall to ensure myself a spot for this coming winter.






Beth & Tory's reception were held at the Zoo in the African Market area! This was a really fun event to do! It was all centerpieces, buffet arrangments, & cake flowers. Their wedding was actually held the week prior in Herman, MO. Beth & I came up with really wild, artistic, outside-of-the-box arrangments. Her reception was broken up into different areas, so we tried to give each area it's own feel.






The main area had 60" round tables covered with apple green & chocolate brown linens. We used these really cool white vases I have & filled them with curly willow, green orchids, black magic roses, spider mums, & smoke bush. This area also housed the buffets. On those we filled large, glass, urns with green apples & curly willow. I arranged a wreath of black magic roses, red carnations, & green hydrangea around the top of the vase (unfortunately no picture of this, but it was cool!)






The bottom of the boathouse was where folks sat if they wanted to watch the band. We kept the arrangements simpler down here, but still with the same theme. Some tables had cylinder vases filled with green apples & uplit from the bottom. Others had a brown cube filled with chartruese green mossy branches & sprigs of yellow oncidium orchids spraying from the top.






The top of the boathouse is where I hung out for the most part. It was a cool way to look out over the entire party (350+ guests!) & see what everyone was doing! Up here we did 20" tall cylinder vases filled with river rock & curly willow stems with orchids attached.






Beth requested a large arrangement for the cake table & left the creating to me! I made a large "tree" out of curly willow & hung green apples from the branches. I attached yellow oncidium orchids to the branches to give the effect of golden leaves.






Our friend Allyson provided me with the pictures for the event. I was also a guest at this wedding, so when the flowers were done, I was at the bar, my work here was over! You can check out Allyson's work at: http://web.mac.com/inthemomentphotos






No comments: