Tuesday, October 23, 2007

October 20th: Debbie & Jason

I don't have enough room on my blog or enough talent as a photographer to show everything I did for this wedding! Debbie had such good taste in flowers & colors that it was easy for me to create beautiful arrangments! The bride's bouquet was a very creamy collection of antique hydrangea, Sahara roses, chocolate cosmos, miniature cymbidum orchids, & smoke bush. Her colors for the day were chocolate & cafe, so this bouquet was perfect!
The bridesmaids carried bouquets in deep fall tones that really popped against their chocolate brown dresses. The flower selection was chocolate colored dahlias, Leonida roses, miniature cymbidium orchids, rosehips, & smoke bush. The stems were wrapped with a cafe colored ribbon.
At the reception, I actually created 3 different style centerpieces. The one pictured was a collection of 4 cube vases. 2 were filled with cymbidium orchids & 2 were filled with water & floating candles. The space between the vases was accented with bittersweet vases in order to "pull" the vases together. I also created hurricanes out of tall, square vases wrapped with a sash of cafe ribbon that held a pillar candle placed in a bed of white rose petals. The third centerpiece was a tall, antique brass, trumpet vase topped with a full arrangment of calla lillies, Sahara roses, antique hydrangeas, etc. My photos didn't turn out "blog-worthy"!
I didn't have anything to do with the cake...I just thought it was really cool! It was done by Locke's. The ribbon & bow on the cake are actually made of fondant! The wedding was held at Immanuel Lutheran Church in KC, MO and the reception was at Californo's.

No comments: