Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Baby Bling!!!

One of my closest friends is due to have her first baby in December. She has already picked the name, Madison, & we had their shower on Sunday. Naturally, I was in charge of decorations & I went crazy!!! I decided to do a theme & came up with what I call "Baby Bling"!
Of course, everything was glitter, sequin, or rhinestones! I hand painted & decorated wooden letters to spell out the baby's name with glitter, rhinestones, & sequined lady bugs & dragon flys. These decorated the dessert table which housed the blinged/bowed out cupcake tower. The letters were colored in shades to match the baby's bedding & will hang on the wall in her nursery.
We did the traditional shower games & I made prizes for both the mother-to-be & the guest who won the game. The winner got to take home floral arrangments with rhinestone centered gerbera daisies, roses, & stock. The vase was finished with a rhinestone belt buckle ribbon treatment.
The prizes for the guest-of-honor were blinged out baby essentials! We had rhinestone studded Mary Janes, blinged out baby bottles, & a fashionable travel wipe case with the Pampers logo displayed in silver & pink rhinestones. My friend did not know what the theme of her shower was going to be so I wrote a poem that went along with the game gifts to clue her in. It said:

What sparkles & shines is not only a ring
It can bring style & pizzaz to almost anything!
Fit for a princess or a stylish mom
I'm sure you'll find, these gems are the bomb!
So why run about with ordinary things
When you can show off your posh Baby Bling!
It turned out to be a huge hit & I received tons of compliments. I really had a lot of fun pulling everything together & can't wait to do it again!


No comments: