Sunday, November 2, 2008

October 18th: Jennifer & Shawn

I have been looking forward to this event for a long time! Jennifer followed my blog for several weeks & finally contacted me about her wedding. Not only did she want me to do the flowers but also wanted me to cover day-of coordinating duties. That is something I have always thought I may want to get in to, so I said why not!
The bride's bouquet was composed of white dahlias, snowberry, canary grass, & lamb's ear.
The bridesmaids carried burgundy dahlias, cockscomb, & kale.
The reception tables were my favorite part! Each table was an eclectic mix of items the bride had been collecting mixed with vases, votives, & flowers from me! There were 34 tables & almost all of them were different in some way!
I wish I was able to take more photos! However, we began setting up tables at 9:30 am & didn't finish lighting the last candle until almost 7:00 pm! Not a lot of time to take pictures before guests started to arrive!

The gates at the entry to Starlight were flanked with these arrangements. Tall black urns were topped with white hydrangea, hanging amaranthus, & various fall grasses & foliages. Placed in the center were white pumpkins that had been carved (by me!) with the bride & grooms monogram.

The doors that entered into the stage were flanked with two more black urns but this time in festive fall tones with stacked pumpkins in the center! One of my favorite designs yet this year!


The cake was amazing & very tall! Sandy Danner created this masterpiece!
My husband got in on the pumpkin carving action as well! His take on the monogram was to actually carve it into the pumpkin & we used them to hold the bar menus!


This was one of my favorite table centerpieces. So simple, yet gorgeous!

That is all I have for photos. I can't wait to see what the photographer has! I did learn that I DO NOT want to do anymore day-of coordinating! I did my normal job of designing bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres, centerpieces, etc for 30 hours leading up to the event. Then, we put in another 20 hours on Saturday (and Sunday morning!) setting up & being present throughout the entire event! It was great to see everything in action, but I think I will leave the coordinating to the professionals!
The wedding was held at St. Peter's Catholic Church in Kansas City, MO. The reception was held at Starlight Theater.










No comments: