Sunday, August 23, 2009

August 22nd: Barnes - Ruhnke Wedding

This was my favorite wedding of the year so far! And also my inspiration to finally update my blog! : ) Maybe my favorite because the bride was very laid back, only choosing a color scheme & the flower selection was up to me. I loved how it turned out! The bouquets were composed of roses, dahlias, hydrangea, lisianthus, cymbidium orchids, & hypericum berries. The bride provided brooches for the stems of the bridesmaid bouquets.
Three different centerpiece styles decorated the venue. First was a trio of white vases with orbs topping the tall vases & whimsical gerber daisies in the shorter.


Another trio of glass cylinders with creative displays of assorted flowers & bear grass.



Last, but not least, tall cylinder vases topped with bouquets of assorted flowers. Accented with rhinestone buckles & uplights.



The doors of the church were decorated with monograms covered in moss & accented with floral clusters.







The altar housed vases of calla lillies with wreaths of colorful blooms. The unity candle was made up of cylinder vases with floating candles surrounded by cylinders with pillar candles in memory of passed family members. All vases were wrapped in Tiffany blue ribbon & rhinestone buckles.
The wedding was held at Central United Methodist Church. The reception was held at Club 1000.
I would also like to mention that both weddings I did this weekend were coordinated by the girls at You're Invited. I love working with them! They do a fabulous job & are so easy to work with! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a coordinator for their wedding.








2 comments:

Kim Ho said...

My favorite too! Thanks so much Michelle, you did an awesome job and totally hit the mark!

LeeAnn Ruhnke said...

Michelle- I just looked at your blog. A big thank you to all you did to make our wedding day beautiful. The flowers were a hit, everyone loved and complemented them. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! LeeAnn Ruhnke